Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

FastTracker II Clone beta

Last updated on 3 hours ago
F
FaroxMember
Posted 18 hours ago
Hi
I'm very happy to share with you FastTracker II Clone - AROS port by Farox & Deremon
FastTracker II Clone is a music tracker program.

This port is based on the work done by Marlon Beijer that converted an old 1.05 version of the program source code to SDL1.2 with the purpose to release an Amiga version (i think never released).
His sources are here: https://github.com/MBeijer/ft2-clone/tree/sdl12-bigendian

Original author of this Clone is Olaf Sørensen and his work for Windows/Linux/MacOS is available here
https://16-bits.org/ft2.php

After adapting the source to the version 1.66 i (Farox) was having big problems running it, as the program was only working partially. Then came in help Deremon that fixed many parts of the code that was not working on Aros.

Without him, most probably, i would not be able to have a working program.

The program is working good now, but there are some things that are not finished (mostly related to SDL2 to SDL1.2 convertion).
Fullscreen or enlarging the program window is not implemented (sorry).
Also MIDI is not implemented.

Is possible to change most of the configs in the program but, as stated, the video configs are not working. Also if you (like me) run the program from a FAT32 device there is a bug in AROS that corrupt the FT2.CFG file when you write over saving after changing some options.

Every other function of the program should be working good.
Please download, test and report if you find something strange, or a bug.

Download here https://filetransfer.io/data-package/jqmFHXrW#link

After some days of tests, if ok i will upload the the Archives.
Edited by Farox on 21-10-2024 16:54, 18 hours ago
Amiwell79, miker1264, retrofaza, mmartinka, aha, Argo, deadwood
Farox attached the following image:
snap-20241021-004.jpg snap-20241021-003.jpg
A
Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 17 hours ago
thank youSmile
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 16 hours ago
Very nice! Thank you for your efforts to bring new software to AROS.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 9 hours ago
Very good work guys! Great to see more people developing for AROS Smile

Do you by any chance plan a 64-bit version? ^^

I'm aware of the bug with FAT32. It's on my (ever growing) list of things to fix. Like
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 6 hours ago
I tested the build under (non-debug) linux hosted and I think there is something strange with audio. The attached .xm and .s3m were playing "correct", but both attached .mod files felt as if they were playing slightly slower. From time to time there was some crackling as if there was a slight buffer underrun? With audio it's hard to desribe, but something left off with playing .mod files.

Can someone else try on real hardware and comment on this?
R
retrofazaJunior Member
Posted 3 hours ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - I tested the build under (non-debug) linux hosted and I think there is something strange with audio. The attached .xm and .s3m were playing "correct", but both attached .mod files felt as if they were playing slightly slower. From time to time there was some crackling as if there was a slight buffer underrun? With audio it's hard to desribe, but something left off with playing .mod files.

Can someone else try on real hardware and comment on this?

On real hardware, I have not noticed anything like this. The attached .mod files are playing correctly
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Users who participated in discussion: deadwood, retrofaza, Amiwell79, miker1264, Farox
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 12
Members Online 0

Total Members: 259
Newest Member: jma
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]