Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Odyssey Web Browser 32-bit

Last updated on 10 days ago
A
Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 1 month ago
considering that the webkit engine is very old, I found compatible services stillSmile
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 29 days ago
Here is some teaser screenshot of some experimenting I'm doing right now. I'll give more details when things are more stable.
retrofaza, Deremon, pixie, aha, Argo, miker1264, Farox, jimaz, Jeff1138, Amiwell79, ASiegel
You do not have access to view attachments
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 28 days ago
Good job deadwood!
A
Posted 28 days ago
thank you DeadwoodSmile
nikosnikosDistro Maintainer
Posted 27 days ago
This is great news Smile Tried the update and Odyssey work better now. Thanks Deadwood.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 27 days ago
@nikos

Good to see you back. Like
A
Posted 25 days ago
a small annotation odyssey consumes more memory now i have had problems in my netbook with 1 Gb ram at the moment i am waiting for the upgrade to 2 Gb ram to arrive, anyway good job and thanks
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 25 days ago
The memory and CPU requirements will only grow with newer versions.
A
Posted 25 days ago
ok with 2 Gb of ram I should be fine even with the next versions the cpu still holds but I also have the desktop computer which gives me no problems, thanks again for your dedication
N
ntromansMember
Posted 24 days ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - Here is some teaser screenshot of some experimenting I'm doing right now. I'll give more details when things are more stable.

Fabulous news, thank you! Now, where is the dancing banana emogi? :-)
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 23 days ago
===========================

Please read this before downloading:

WebKit engine update caused regression in several browser features. Keep that in mind when using these build. These problems are planned to be solved. Please make a copy of your existing OWB directory and place the binary in the copy. Don't place the binary in your main OWB directory and due to regressions I mentioned, it may damage your OWB configuration files.

===========================

Now, for more details on this first alpha build of OWB 2.0!

The engine has been updated from August 2015 to February 2019 (more then 50 000 changes included!!!). The browser requirements also increased. It needs a minimum of 1GB RAM and possibly a CPU with SSE2 instructions (it might not work on Atom processors, EDIT: tested and confirmed to work on Atom processors)

Enjoy and please report any problems as well as sites which cause browser to crash!

https://axrt.org/development/owb/i386/OWB-2.0-20240820.zip

These components need to be updated:
https://axrt.org/development/owb/i386/crt.library.20240820.zip
https://axrt.org/development/owb/i386/debug.library.20240819.zip
https://axrt.org/development/owb/i386/muimaster.library.20240801.zip

Tested sites:
- multiple Amiga sites, wikipedia, YT main/search page

Known issues:
- media player is disabled - no videos on YT for now
- certificates path is hardcoded to system default path (ENV:SYS/Certificates/ca-bundle.crt)
- disabling SSL check does not work
- window must be kept active to process events

Known sites crashing browser:
- https://browserle...m/features
Edited by deadwood on 22-08-2024 03:58, 22 days ago
aha, Amiwell79, retrofaza
Posted 23 days ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - ===========================
Don't place the binary in your main OWB directory and due to regressions I mentioned, it may damage your OWB configuration files.

Thanks deadwood for this great work, from the translation I didn't quite understand where to copy the Binary !
Maybe you mean not to use the root folder and test OWB on a new folder without configurations ?

Can this version be included in the Distribution or do we have to wait for the stable version !
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 23 days ago
@AMIGASYSTEM

What I'm suggesting is to make a copy of your existing OWB directory and place the new binary in the copy.

As for inclusion in distribuitions, this is not a release version, just first of many development builds, so I'd wait with that.
Posted 23 days ago
Ok thanks I will wait for the final version, on the new AROS One I will leave the old pre-existing version au AROS One 2.5.
I
IlbarbaxNewbie
Posted 23 days ago
@deadwood
Why did you pointed to a webkit version of 2019 an not an actually one?
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 23 days ago

Ilbarbax wrote:

@Ilbarbax - @deadwood
Why did you pointed to a webkit version of 2019 an not an actually one?

It's because the February 2019 version is the last one tha can be compiled with GCC version that we currently have. Further webkit updates will require update of the compiler and if noone steps up to do it, I will probably do it next year.
Farox, aha, Argo, Amiwell79
A
Posted 23 days ago
Deadwood I have no words to express my gratitudeSmile
A
Posted 23 days ago
I have noticed two anomalies that crash the programme one is when I click the right mouse button and the other when I type in the search bar
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 23 days ago
Ok, both confirmed and added to TODO list.
A
Posted 23 days ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: nikos, deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, pixie, ntromans, Amiwell79, miker1264, Ilbarbax, Gundam2, lm
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 4
Members Online 0

Total Members: 252
Newest Member: deepti
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]