Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

AmiTube not working?

Last updated on 1 month ago
N
ntromansMember
Posted 2 months ago
Is it just me or has AmiTube stopped working? I'm typing in searches, there's a pause for a few seconds but then no results are shown even for obvious searches such as 'AROS' or 'Amiga'.

Cheers,
Nigel.
A
Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 2 months ago
yes I have tried it doesn't work there is a channel on discord to talk about these problems with the author
A
Posted 2 months ago
or write a message in his blog
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 2 months ago
BTW, I realized/tested that while the main youtube page does not work anymore in OWB, OWB can still play youtube videos - you just need to know the exact video URL.
A
Posted 2 months ago
I did a simple search from the client and it does not work
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 2 months ago
@ deadwood

Videos on YouTube also work if you search for them from Google, or if you click on a link posted on a forum, when the search seems to stop you have to hit the 'OWB address bar' link, if it continues to be slow you have to hit the link again and eventually the Video starts.
AMIGASYSTEM attached the following image:
owb_11.jpg
A
Posted 1 month ago
will certainly come back to work ntromans
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 1 month ago
It is not an AmitTube problem, something has changed/updated on YouTube!

Very likely related to https://github.co...sues/10128 / what HAWK' said. Since this is still an open issue in the upstream converter AmiTube, There is nothing they can do at the moment
N
ntromansMember
Posted 1 month ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - It is not an AmitTube problem, something has changed/updated on YouTube!

Very likely related to https://github.co...sues/10128 / what HAWK' said. Since this is still an open issue in the upstream converter AmiTube, There is nothing they can do at the moment

Many thanks for clarification - I expetced it could be at the YouTube end and not AmiTube specific, It used to be the same with the old OWB scripts for downloading videos - they'd work for a while unitl YouTube tweked things to break them.

Hopefully the maintainers of the backend will find a way to get things working again.

Cheers,
Nigel.
A
Posted 1 month ago
Again worksSmile
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Users who participated in discussion: deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, ntromans, Amiwell79
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 4
Members Online 0

Total Members: 251
Newest Member: SwedishJohan
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]