Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Irritating bug of the month - June 2024

Last updated on 10 days ago
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 1 month ago
Hi All,

This time there is no poll. As you might remember in May we had a tie and #125 was selected by additional round. This left #140 (Wanderer: Changing the disk label does not work) for June.

As usual I'll post fix in this thread when ready.
retrofaza, miker1264, aha, ntromans, Deremon, amigamia, mmartinka, Argo
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 1 month ago
These latest fixes make Wanderer more functional and more like Workbench, thank you for the great work!
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 1 month ago
Glad you find them useful Smile
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 16 days ago
Hi All,

Here are fixed for bug #140:

https://axrt.org/development/Wanderer.20240621.i386-aros.zip

I tested them with renaming RAM Disk, but hopefully they also work with renaming disk drivers. Let me know.
A
Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 16 days ago
Thank you DeadwoodSmile
Posted 16 days ago
Thank you Deadwood, as soon as I get home I'll do all the necessary tests, now I'm going to the sea, it's 40 degrees in my region!
Posted 15 days ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - Hi All,

Here are fixed for bug #140:

https://axrt.org/development/Wanderer.20240621.i386-aros.zip

I tested them with renaming RAM Disk, but hopefully they also work with renaming disk drivers. Let me know.

Perfect deadwood, I successfully renamed both AROS and FAT32 formatted volumes.
Edited by AMIGASYSTEM on 21-06-2024 13:28, 15 days ago
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 15 days ago
Ok, thanks for tests. I'll wait for a day or two for any other tests and then close the bug report.
Posted 13 days ago
With this bug fix, an old bug has returned on Wanderer, it is not possible to move 'overwrite' a file.
You do not have access to view attachments
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 12 days ago
Can you find back a reference when this bug was supposed to be fixed? I can't find anything about it in bug tracker as well as in commit history in the repository.
Posted 12 days ago
I think you have solved HERE the problem! post #158

But as said without the Bug 140 correction the problem does not exist
Edited by AMIGASYSTEM on 25-06-2024 04:03, 12 days ago
Posted 12 days ago
Strangely, deleting the 'Bug 140' update only worked once!

I also noticed that if from Wanderer prefs one chooses Copy instead of Move, the copy is made successfully, so it could be the Move command that does not allow copying.
TemplarioTemplarioJunior Member
Posted 12 days ago
Excuse me for asking, but how many people are involved in the development of AROS? One person, one team?
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 11 days ago
As for the system itself it is currently only me. Kalamatee, Mazze and Neil seem to be taking some time off but I hope they will be back at some point. Apart from the system itself you have distribution maintainers and 3rd party developers of course.
Edited by deadwood on 25-06-2024 14:36, 11 days ago
TemplarioTemplarioJunior Member
Posted 11 days ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - As for the system itself it is currently only me. Kalamatee, Mazze and Neil seem to be taking some time off but I hope they will be back at some point. Apart from the system itself you have distribution maintainers and 3rd party developers of course.

Uffs, too much work for one person, fixed the problems for Hollywood, Hollywood Designer and the pluggins with problems will be a imposible work.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 10 days ago
@AMIGASYSTEM

I checked the codes and this problem is there from at least release 20201110 - it has never been addressed before. The problem you linked to (post #158) was something slightly different an relating to SFS only.

Currently the move codes in Wanderer are written in such a way that if there is a file with same name in target directory, the move operation will abort.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 10 days ago
Here is enhancement report for this topic:

https://github.co...issues/147
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, Amiwell79, Templario
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 2
Members Online 0

Total Members: 236
Newest Member: kschabowski
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]