To avoid just talking about problems, I'll write about what made me happy today. Recently, I had a major problem with my Pi-Top. After starting the computer, it wouldn't respond to the touchpad. Out of 10 starts, one was fine. Today's Nightly update solved the problem; out of 10 starts, I've had 10 successful starts. The Pi-Top's touchpad seems to be working properly.
I do have a problem with flash drives, though. None of them work.
For AROS Pi is there a guide for setting up a cross compiler for AROS on Raspberry Pi? I'd like to compile some software for my Pi.
In my experience, it’s a good idea to use AI assistance when setting up a cross-compilation environment. I had been getting really frustrated because the whole process feels a bit like trial and error, and I basically needed help at every other step. Having a helpful assistant ready in my browser made the process manageable, and I now have two toolchains—one for RPi and one for x86_64. If you also decide to install opencode, compiling for your chosen platform becomes straightforward as well.
The compiler is for Ubuntu 24.04
I will probably need to delete my sources for x86-64 ABIv11 and try again also. I messed it up. I'll install Raspberry Pi Build at the same time.
Edited by miker1264 on 09-09-2026 02:11,
21 days agoIt would be great if you ported your programs to the Raspberry Pi. The issues you're having with setting up the toolchain might stem from rapid changes in the repository or temporary missing components.
You didn't specify exactly what hardware you're using. Please provide as much detail as possible and describe exactly where you got stuck—maybe we can find a way to help.
I faced a really difficult situation myself because I work on a Mac; I had to install Docker to run Linux, which hosts the toolchain and compiler. On top of that, I used QEMU with an AROS image for the RPi—an image I didn't compile myself but downloaded from the Nightly builds.
What is your native OS? Is it x86 Linux or something else?
Hi,
Just a very little change to the Extras DOpus/S, if anyone is interested.
Rename the old DirectoryOpus.CFG first before copying over, just in case there is an issue
Just trying things out so not great but hopefully a good start for future configs.
Post pictures if successful
Edited by Jeff1138 on 29-09-2026 08:15,
10 hours ago
Jeff1138 attached the following file: