Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Aspire OS Request

Last updated on 6 years ago
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 6 years ago
Hi nikos,

I have to say, I love Aspire OS. It has a very clean look, looks nice and most of all it works without major glitches. I have used Icaros in the past but for some reason or another, I always have issues and lock ups. I know Paolone is doing an excellent job keeping it up to date and I praise him for that. It is loaded with all sorts of apps but I just find Aspire OS much easier to work with.

However, I did notice there is no included minimal development in Aspire OS. Would you consider including some minimal software development apps in the next version?
nikosnikosDistro Maintainer
Posted 6 years ago
amigamia: Thx for the kind words about AspireOS and glad you like it. My idea for AspireOS is very much as you experience. I want it easy and clean. I only include what are well tested. I want people to use it with real, dedicated hardware. I also like to keep the file size to a minimal. That way I'm showing AROS in the best way possible. That is at least what I think.
For other not dedicated hardware, development, hosted or if you like to test out almost everything released for AROS you have Icaros Desktop. It is very good to have both. I like to recommend Icaros Desktop when AspireOS does not fit in.

I'm not a developer but would say that development on AROS native is not what I would consider a safe, or good enviroment. As AROS have no memory protection the system could go down, and lot's of work could be lost. It is also a chance of damage to the file system. compiling stuff native it's a good chance that could happen. I therefore recommend using AROS hosted under Linux for serieous development. There your filesystem is safe and it is also easy to kill tasks.
If you absolutly prefer to use AROS native I guess as a developer you could manage to copy that part from lets say some AROS night builds or Icaros and set that up.
If there is a huge request for this I could make a version with developent software, but for now I rather focus on the user experience.

Anyway, thx for the interest and good questions.
I miss more feedback and questions about AspireOS and AROS in general.
I'm here to answer whatever questions you might have.
Edited by nikos on 11-10-2018 09:12, 6 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Users who participated in discussion: amigamia, nikos
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 7
Members Online 1
AMIGASYSTEM

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]