Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Official Raspi forum AROS category

Last updated on 14 hours ago
B
BohunSenior Member
Posted 3 days ago
I am pleased to announce that we have our own category on the official Raspberry Pi forum:
[url]
https://forums.ra....php?f=179[/url]
I've started two threads here, one for users and one for developers. I sincerely ask you to support me in writing on this forum, especially the one for developers. Perhaps there are some inaccuracies in my post.

I hope this new place will promote AROS among Raspberry Pi enthusiasts. New place - new people.
Of course, the official AROS forum is here, but not every Raspberry Pi user potentially interested in new systems will find it here.

So? Will you help?
coffeecat, Argo, A500Fan
B
BohunSenior Member
Posted 3 days ago
A question came up that I don't know the answer to. Maybe someone can answer it there or here and I'll copy it down.

Quote

do you have git and gnu autotools etc yet?


https://forums.ra...p?t=401136
Edited by Bohun on 08-10-2026 12:25, 3 days ago
J
jimazJunior Member
Posted 3 days ago
You mention support for Pi 500 and 500+ on the introduction post. Are you sure about this? I still get the same result on you latest 0.3a image as seen here: https://arosworld...post_14765

If Im not mistaken this is related to the option framebuffer_ignore_alpha in config.txt not handled on the BCM2712D0 that is used on 500 / 500+.
B
BohunSenior Member
Posted 2 days ago
I just checked my RPi 500+ and it's running piAROS 0.3a / Oct 6, 2026 without any problems.
Do you have the same nightly version? It's possible I swapped the file and didn't change the version number—the date is key.
J
jimazJunior Member
Posted 2 days ago
Thank you for checking - I downloaded the zip right after your “try now” message 2 days ago, so it should be the same nightly ( https://arosworld...post_14989 ).

Perhaps there is a difference between 500 and 500+ after all… Lets see if others report the same issue then.
B
bsekNewbie
Posted 2 days ago
@jimaz Try the other hdmi port, only hdmi 0 is supported at the moment on the pi 5/500/500+
J
jimazJunior Member
Posted 2 days ago

bsek wrote:

@bsek - @jimaz Try the other hdmi port, only hdmi 0 is supported at the moment on the pi 5/500/500+


Thanks for the suggestion @bsek - however, I used hdmi 0, switching to hdmi 1 also just shows the mouse pointer.
B
BohunSenior Member
Posted 2 days ago
Have you tried a different microSD card? Or reformat it and re-burn the files. Also, try the latest nightly build.
B
bsekNewbie
Posted 21 hours ago
@jimaz is the 500 you own old? Can you post your bootloader version (or might even try to update it)? The easiest way to find it is to boot linux on your pi, it should be printed at the top of the bootscreen.
J
jimazJunior Member
Posted 14 hours ago
@bsek Thank you so much!!! My bootloader version was from May 2015, updating to the latest version resolved it. I had no idea a bootloader fix for this existed. Wifi works also, this will be so much fun!
jimaz attached the following image:
img_6188.jpeg
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Users who participated in discussion: jimaz, Bohun, bsek