Previous versions of PortablE were aimed at existing AmigaE users, but PortablE now aims to be attractive for new users too. Although it's still "beta", it should work well, and further incompatible changes seem unlikely.
See the main manual for everything that has changed since r5. There have been the following big changes since the last beta:
* The Simple Mode of the installer now puts the PEmodules folder somewhere sensible.
* The Windows installer now actually results in a working installation.
* AROS: Now compiles on Icaros Desktop Live v2.0.x (tested on v2.0.3).
* PEGCC now has the parameters Run, RunUsing & RunParam, so you can compile & run programs in one go.
* PortablE now stores ".pem" cache files in "PEmodules:PE/cache/", instead of your source folders.
* Removed source<>destination restriction of StrAdd().
* and much more!
You can download it from here:
PortablE comes with documentation, but you can find on-line documentation, examples & the latest version of PortablE from it's homepage: