Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Development General

Development General
1698 posts | Last Activity on 16-02-2024 13:32 by hitchhikr
H
hitchhikr 16-02-2024 13:32, 2 months ago
Re: Solved "Help" a driver is missing to be able to port Bars&Pipes
Hopefully the last version of the driver (renamed usbmidi); there were two other bugs in SysEx messages sending. https://hitchhikr.net/usbmidi.zip Same deal: - Copy "usbmidi" into devs:midi (and remove any file that may be there before). - Replace "camdusbmidi.class" from SYS:Classes/USB with the one included in the archive. - Reboot. I sent a copy of this to Alfred Faust. f.
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 16-02-2024 10:51, 2 months ago
we await the release of the software
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 16-02-2024 10:40, 2 months ago
Everything works thank you I heard Alfred Faust and the tests he did with the midi sequencer Bars&Pipes are positive
AMIGASYSTEM
AMIGASYSTEM 16-02-2024 10:08, 2 months ago
Re: Future of aros: Linux kernel?
[quote name=matteo post=4220]@matteo - I like the Apollo os ux design. Maybe is possible integrate in aros? [/quote] It is exactly the opposite, Apollo OS uses an AROS 68k Kickstart, moreover ApolloOS is a mix of AROS/OS3, on AROS there are also other distributions that are similar and were born before ApolloOS, such as Aros Vision (also a mix of AROS/OS3), and my AROS One 68k (see video), "totally native AROS 68k", which will soon be distributed again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Sh5jWZOYA
D
deadwood 16-02-2024 09:52, 2 months ago
Hi matteo, In this post you can read the latest update on the development plan I'm following: [b][url]https://arosworld.org/infusions/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=1114&rowstart=0#post_4072[/url][/b]
M
magorium 16-02-2024 09:44, 2 months ago
Double post but I seem unable to delete it myself.
M
magorium 16-02-2024 09:40, 2 months ago
[quote name=matteo post=4220]@matteo - Maybe is possible separate aros in sub projects Ui Fylesystem Kernel Ux [/quote] You seem to have missed how AROS (actually Amiga OS) works internally. These parts are already separated. That is why there exist so many different solutions as it is more or less plug and play. Try start reading the [url=http://amiga.nvg.org/amiga/reference/Hardware_Manual_guide/node0001.html]hardware reference manual[/url] then follow up with the rkrm's [quote] I like the Apollo os ux design. Maybe is possible integrate in aros? [/quote] AROS runs on ApolloOS, there is a special fork of AROS for it.
M
magorium 16-02-2024 09:36, 2 months ago
[quote name=matteo post=4218]@matteo - Why there are Wanderer in aros Ambient in morphos Amibench Etc Why not 1 desktop environment?[/quote] Good question. You can use an analogy to get an answer: why are there so many different type (and brand) of cars that you can choose from ? And, no do not think about that as it is commercially viable but in terms of why so many shapes, forms, colours, different type of engines, bodies etc. And that is because every one creating such things think it is the best answer suited to their problem(s). Depending on the problem(s) your requirements might vary. As written before there is a distinct difference between intuition, gadtools, reaction, zune/MUI so if you are using one of these solution you would have to create your own 'desktop' based on the used interface. So that already accounts for the necessity for (at least) a few different desktop implementations.
M
matteo 16-02-2024 09:30, 2 months ago
Maybe is possible separate aros in sub projects Ui Fylesystem Kernel Ux I like the Apollo os ux design. Maybe is possible integrate in aros?
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 16-02-2024 09:24, 2 months ago
we can talk about aros morphos and amibench are two close source and independent systems, the amiga community is diverse no one has ever wanted to collaborate everyone thinks of their own OS unfortunately
M
matteo 16-02-2024 09:14, 2 months ago
Why there are Wanderer in aros Ambient in morphos Amibench Etc Why not 1 desktop environment?
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 16-02-2024 08:56, 2 months ago
Deadwood was clear there will be 64-bit aros running under a linux kernel and applications will be native as they are now, plus for those who want to can run linux software and the desktop enviroment will be scalos
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 16-02-2024 08:15, 2 months ago
Re: ProTrekkr v2.6.6
Many Thanks I uploaded the package to archives(y)
Responded in ProTrekkr v2.6.6
M
magorium 16-02-2024 07:09, 2 months ago
Hi and welcome matteo [quote name=matteo post=4211]@matteo - Hi, i'm an enthusiast of amiga and i follow community of aros. [/quote] The question that follows seem to indicate that you have not been following AROS community for a long time. No problem, i'll try to explain :) [quote] I'm interested in future, is possibile change aros kernel with a linux kernel? [/quote] Sure, no problem. You can fork the AROS project and go ahead :) This topic has been discussed several times during decades of development and AROS itself will not change its kernel to Linux because... then it will just be another Linux derivative. It will destroy the legacy as we all known to like. If you have been following AROS then you clearly have missed [url=https://axrt.org/]axrt[/url]. It is a project that attempts to accommodate some of AROS' shortcomings (though initially the axrt project has another goal). Besides that there is some other (side) project by deadwood in the making that might be of interest to you and that is an Intuition windows manager for Linux. [quote] Other interesting things MUI + Reaction = ArosUI[/quote] Reaction as in classact GUI successor ? Because if that is what you are suggesting then you do not seem to have the knowledge that these are both different technologies that can't really be compared or integrated together. It is either one or the other, and for sure you can run/install both but it would be comparable to using GTK and QT widgets on a Linux distro. The latter is actually such a difference that it could probably be considered using two different desktop environments at the same time. That is probably reason why you got the thumbs down.
Argo
Argo 16-02-2024 06:26, 2 months ago
Just run Ubuntu with an Amiga UI Theme
M
matteo 16-02-2024 05:41, 2 months ago
Maybe mui+reaction = arosUI haikufs -> arosFS fundraising with an organization to pay developer
S
Studenteer 16-02-2024 05:33, 2 months ago
The result of using a linux-kernal would be some kind of that, what you can see on Haiku as "fork" of BeeOS. By using it, it felt like a linux when using it - not as a BeeOS. The Btrfs-filesystem is very efficient, but have fragmenting-problem when using it. A new development of an new, AROS-/Amiga-orientated filesystem would be more useful then a btrfs or ext4-filesystem. Also, there is some kind of AROS with Linux-Kernal (AEros), which you can use on ARES-Computers. I had never the chance to use it, but it looks like a linux and not really like an Amiga. I do not want to tell that linux is a bad idea to use, but I'm very unsure if that would let Amiga still be Amiga or if it becomes an "linux-fork".
M
matteo 16-02-2024 05:20, 2 months ago
Hi, i'm an enthusiast of amiga and i follow community of aros. I'm interested in future, is possibile change aros kernel with a linux kernel? maybe: founding with a organization managed by deadwood aros 2.0: linux kernel with Btrfs filesystem aros 3.0: with new design. I like https://twitter.com/haroleethan/status/1693664013383762322 Other interesting things MUI + Reaction = ArosUI
AMIGASYSTEM
AMIGASYSTEM 16-02-2024 04:59, 2 months ago
Thank you, updated AROS One !
H
hitchhikr 16-02-2024 04:36, 2 months ago
V2.6.5 released: https://hitchhikr.net/ptk_v2.6.5_aros.zip Source code: https://github.com/hitchhikr/protrekkr f.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 11
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]